The Harp Media Short Film and Screenplay Competition is a Broadcasting Authority of Ireland sponsored initiative aimed at promoting filmmaking amongst secondary school students in the midlands. It will will welcome submissions from secondary school students in Longford, Westmeath and Cavan. The competition will have two categories: Best Short Film Screenplay (Maximum 12 pages) and Best Short Film (Maximum 12 minutes). There is a prize of €250 for each category.
The objective of the competition is to facilitate and nurture a new range of voices in the midlands by encouraging students to create their audio visual work.
Terms and conditions for the Harp Media Short Film and Screenplay Competition in partnership with the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland are:
- One entry per person/group.
- Entrant must be a student in one of the participating midlands counties – Longford, Westmeath or Cavan.
- Short films should be no more than 12 minutes.
- Scripts should be no more than 12 pages.
- Entries must be submitted by Friday, 15th March via email to email@example.com.
- Scripts accepted via email. Films can be sent via Vimeo or YouTube links, as well as via file sharing platform WeTransfer.